Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Lap Quilt For Lilly


Ok, I am trying to make my first quilt. It isn't very big, but Lilly is small and it will just be a throw around whatever quilt. I am also making one for Lucy, but Lilly's is first. This is what it looked like last week when I layed it out, I have sewn half of the strips together and hope to finish sewing it this week. Then I am going to embroider Lilly's name on the bottom corner and the date. I haven't bought the backing yet, need to make a yarn and fabric run. This pattern came out of the book Bend the Rule Sewing by Amy Karol. It is fab! I highly recommend it. I would link you right on over to amazon so you could buy it, but I am a dud and don't know how to do it!!! The weather is suppose to cool off tomorrow, I sure hope so. I have lots of nice new long sleeve shirts and tights to wear and it has been to darned hot!! Maybe that is why I have been in such a crummy mood! The Mullet Festival is this weekend. I truly love the Mullet. It is one of my favorite days!! Get to see lots of old friends, eat lots of good food. Can't wait! The temp. is suppose to be in the low 70s. Couldn't be better! When I finish the quilt, I will display it for all the world to see! I am going to have to get my friend Darlene to help me with the binding, don't know if I can do it. Ok, off to eat dinner!! Oh and by the way......GO RED SOX!!!!!

No comments: