Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ding Dong the Quilt is done.....


Ding Dong the quilt is done, which 'ol quilt? My first quilt!!! Well, it turned out better than I had hoped. The chenille was a great idea!! Got that off of sewmamasew. The top pattern was from Amy Karol's book Bend the Rules Sewing. Which I love!! But the addition of the chenille makes it nice b/c I didn't have to put anything in the middle. I have almost finished the top of Lucy's. Hopefully I am on a roll and won't let hers sit for months like I did Lilly's. The embroidery on the purple panel says Lilly, I (heart) you. Aunt Gigi. Anyway, I like it and will probably make more b/c it was super easy. You can't really see the cool flower stitch that I top stitched with but it shows up great b/c I used a hot pink thread. Anyway, hope it inspires someone out there!!!

No comments: