Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sometimes we all feel this way...

I think it would be nice to just lay down on the ground with my trusty bagel and not worry about anyone or anything! It's a nice life, too bad it is basically reserved for the under 4 set! Well, my first week of summer vacation is officially behind me and I did get a lot accomplished this week. I mowed the grass, had blood drawn (fun!), ran errands in Jacksonville, went to see my granny in the nursing home, and got my husband to move the daybed out of my sewing room! That was a biggy! Now I have to go up there and clean up! That will not be fun. I forgot that we use the underside of the bed for luggage storage, so all those duffel bags are littering my small craft space! I am going to fix a bulletin board. I am thinking I will paint it and craft it up a little. I also moved a huge mirror out of my kitchen onto a new chest in my bedroom, which frees up kitchen space. I have purchased a new hutch to put in my kitchen, which will have to be painted red. Right now it is a hideous dark brown. The only problem is that where the hutch will go is my bookcase full of cookbooks. Hmmmm..... I figured I could take the bookcase upstairs to the craft room and put all my knitting, craft, sewing books in it, that way it will free up space in the bookcase downstairs. But trust me not enough space to put in all my cookbooks! I know that I need to get rid of cookbooks, because there are some that I don't use that much (or ever). But the thought of getting rid of cookbooks sends me reeling! So, I don't know what to do. I may have to go through some of them. But most of them have sentimental value, bought on a trip, given to me when I got married, given to me by my mother or grandmother. Well, certainly gives me something to think about! The good news I won't have to think about it too long because I am going to Tampa on Thursday!! WOO HOO!! Can't wait to see the girls and Ben and get lots of "aunt kisses" ! Hope you have a super week! Gregg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have been amazingly productive. You're welcome to come over and work your magic here. LOL!