Monday, September 03, 2007

Faye

Rick's mother died on Tuesday. It has been a very emotional week for us. Faye was a wonderful, warm, funny person. She fiercely loved her family. She thought her boys were just about the best things around. When we had Will, she was so excited. You would have thought there had never been a baby born ever before he came along. Ward was just the icing on the cake. She was so very proud of everything they did! During the 20 years that I have known her, we mostly ate Thanksgiving at her house. She was a wonderful cook. Her kitchen was teeny tiny, but the meals she prepared there were not. She was famous for her squash casserole, even as hard as I try, I can not duplicate it. Faye went head-on into life, no matter what! She wasn't afraid of anything or anybody, definately someone you would want on your side! She was kind hearted and generous with her time, money, talents. I hate that she was has left us at the early age of 63. My boys , Rick and I will miss her terribly. Call your momma, tell her you love her.

1 comment:

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

I am so sorry for you and your family! Hugs! Britt